Welcome to the Camping Page for Thunderbird District
Camping Committee Information
Camping Chair - John Brauer
The Camping Chair and committee are responsible for organizing and promoting short-term, long-term, and high adventure camping experiences for the Packs, Troops and Crews.
Camping Committee Services Offered
- Promote short-term camping experiences for all Scout units.
- Promote the Cub Scout Summertime Pack Award.
- Promote Cub Scout camping and Cub Scout Day Camp among the Packs in the District.
- Promote Boy Scout summer camp experiences such as the Three Fires Council’s Camp Freeland Leslie among the Troops in the District.
- Promote local and national high adventure experiences including the Philmont Scout Ranch, Florida Sea Base, and the Charles Sommers Wilderness Base among the Troops and Crews in the District.
- Promote the Boy Scout Troop National Camping Award among the Troops and Crews in the District.
- Promote the Order of the Arrow as an honor society for the service to the Scouts and units in the District.
- Support the Council Camping Committee in the following:
- Inspect and maintain the District and Council camping facilities.
- Solicit materials and manpower donations for the upkeep of District and Council camping facilities.
- Administer camp standards and policy including local and national tour permits.