Order of the Arrow Chapter
Thunderbird Chapter - Order of the Arrow - Lowaneu Allanque Lodge 41
- Thunderbird Chapter Chief: Connor McConnell
- Thunderbird Chapter Vice Chief: Colin Cain
- Chapter Advisor: Ed Hedborn 630-989-0655
- Associate Chapter Advisor: Bill Birch
- Associate Chapter Advisor: Jenn Cain
- Associate Chapter Advisor: Bill Froelich
- Associate Chapter Advisor: Scott McConnell
There are no Thunderbird OA Chapter meetings in June or July, because there is no Roundtable! We will be meeting once again in August. Enjoy Summer and Camp!
Thunderbird District OA Chapter meets at the same time and place as Thunderbird District Roundtable - 7:30 – 8:30 PM - Please Note our NEW LOCATION: Trinity Green Trails - 2701 Maple Ave, Lisle, IL 60532 - Map Link
Order of the Arrow Representatives and members: Please make announcements at your Troop meeting about our Chapter Meetings and Lodge Events to let all OA members know what is coming up, and that they are welcome to attend! It is still not too late to renew your membership in the Order of the Arrow.
Information and forms for Ordeal candidates may be found on-line at the Lodge website.
Chapter Meetings and Lodge Activities for 2018
2019 day month topic 31 May May 31-June 2: Spring Fellowship, Camp Freeland Leslie, Oxford, WI 11 Jun-Jul No meeting 8 Aug Stomp Rockets 6-8 Sep Fall Fellowship, Camp Big Timber, Elgin 12 Sep New Member Night. New members, especially Ordeal and Brotherhood members are encouraged to attend 10 Oct Crossover Ceremony Training for Troop OA Representatives and units 25-27 Oct National Leadership Seminar (NLS)
Beaumont Scout Reservation, St. Louis, MO
14 Nov Election Training - Troop OA Representatives 12 Dec Holiday Party 2020 9 Jan The Call Out Ceremony, demonstration and training 12 Feb Native American Craft - Fingerweaving 12 Mar McDonald's for Shamrock Shakes and fellowship 9 Apr Marble Run 14 May Spoon Catapults 11 Jun Von Oven Campout - Cast Iron Cooking & Service Project Jul No meeting
All OA members are required to pay annual dues of $20. You can also pay for your dues and 4 discounted lodge events (spring and fall fellowships, winter banquet, and frendship powwow). If you have not done so, please pay your dues at OA41.org. Every penny of your dues goes straight to the Lodge to provide all of the awesome experiences throughout the year for our members. It also goes to provide camperships to our council camps, Lodge Leadership Development training for members, and to help with various lodge service projects. Scoutmasters; Charter renewal is going on now. It is a great time to collect and pay lodge dues for your members and submit them on-line.
As always, feel free to contact Mr. Hedborn with any questions.
Our election season is over. Congratulations to all who have been elected! Stay tuned for the next step in your OA journey is to do your Ordeal which can be done during summer camp at Camp Freeland Leslie, Spring Fellowship, or Fall Fellowship.
The Order's commitment to our unchanging mission and purpose remains steadfast, and we are excited to welcome new members, and look forward to having female members join our ranks. We know that, like all of our OA members, they will serve as role models and inspirations to others – both within the Boy Scouts of America and beyond.
OA FORMS and Web Links
- OA Lodge Calendar (right side of screen)
- Lowaneu Allanque Lodge #41 web site
- National Order of the Arrow National Order of the Arrow web site
- OA Central Region Section C7 OA Section C7 web site
Purpose of the Order of the Arrow
To recognize those campers – Scouts and Scouters – who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives and by such recognition cause other campers to conduct themselves in such a manner to warrant recognition.
- To develop and maintain camping traditions and spirit.
- To promote Scout camping, which reaches its greatest effectiveness as part of the unit’s camping program, both year-round and in summer camp, as directed by the camping committee of the Council.
- To crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.