2018-2019 - Okpik - Cold Weather Camping
What: Okpik aims to provide participants with the skills and knowledge to enjoy an outdoor experience in cold weather; to help Scout units extend their outing season to all 12 months of the year; and to share their acquired knowledge and skills with their units. These skills are taught over five sessions using the patrol method.
For 2018-2019 our session dates will be:
1. Indoor Session – Tues., Dec. 11, 2018 - 6:30pm Registration / 7pm – 9:30pm
2. Outdoor Session 1 – Sat., Jan. 19, 2019 – 8am Registration / 8:30am – 1pm
Von Oven Scout Reservation, 701 S. West St., Naperville, IL 60540
3. Outdoor Session 2 – Fri.-Sat., Feb. 8-9, 2019 - Arrival Fri. 5pm / Departure Sat 4pm
Camp Big Timber, 37W955 Big Timber Road, Elgin, IL
Patrol Meetings: Each patrol will have 2 meetings. Date, time, and location TBD by each patrol.
Traffic Safety - Merit Badge Workshop / Thursday, October 4th, 2018 / 4pm-6:15pm OR 6:30-8:45 p.m. - FLIER WITH INFORMATION
Naperville Police Department - 1350 Aurora Avenue, Naperville, IL
Webelos leaders – you will want to encourage your Scouts to attend this event and work on Adventure requirements. Webelos (with parent) arrive early Saturday morning to set up camp prior to the activities. Adventure Stations will be visited during the day, taught and led by older Scouts. Webelos will go home with a number of Adventure Requirements complete. Later indulge in a tasty dinner cooked and prepared for you followed by an entertaining campfire. You will be the entertainment! Webelos get a chance to show off their own skills with a skit or song around the campfire. Enjoy an evening slumber in your tent. On Sunday morning break down camp and depart for home.
TB Webelos Overnight - Pack Check-in: From: Saturday, September 29th from 7 am to Sunday, September 30th until 9 am / Location: Blackwell Forest Preserve, Youth Campground Mack Rd, Wheaton, IL 60189 / Cost: $20 per person / Payments: Can be made online only. FLIER WITH INFORMATION
2018 Whalon Lake Day One Event - FLIER -
All new Cub Scouts and their families who join the Scouting program this fall are welcome to come to a morning of fishing fun!
- Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018 Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, arrive and depart at any time
- Location: Whalon Lake Forest Preserve, corner of Royce Road and Lisson Road, Naperville
- Event Information: This event provides new Cub Scouts and their families with an opportunity to learn to fish. BSA Fishing Merit Badge instructors will be on site to help teach Scouts and parents how to bait, cast, handle and release any fish caught. Bait will be provided. We will have a limited number of poles available for Scouts to use; please bring your own pole if possible. There will also be some games available to Scouts and siblings. Note: there will not be any shooting sports at this Day One event location. New Cub Scouts will receive a Day One patch.
- Fishing License Requirement: Youth under the age of 16 do not need a license. All other persons age 16 or older who hold a pole with a line in the water must have a valid State of Illinois Fishing License. Licenses will not be sold on site.
- Registration: Please register at www.threefirescouncil.org . The event cost is $10 for each new Cub Scout and includes the Scout’s family.
- If this date and location is not convenient for you, check out the many other options on the registration link above.